Friday, March 26, 2010

Why Going Green is So Important


I never gave "green" products a second thought.  I mean, I was an avid bleach user.  Now, bleach wasn't the only product I used, but if I really wanted to clean and disinfect, bleach was my "go-to" product of choice.  I wanted so much to provide my family with a clean house, that I would bleach everything to clean and disinfect.  What I ultimately learned is, I was contaminating my home, and putting my families health at risk by using bleach and other store brand products to clean my house.  It sickens me to think of all the toxic chemicals found in everyday products, from cleaning to personal care, and the harmful affects it can have on your health.  Did you know that 150 chemicals commonly found in the home have been linked to allergies, birth defects, cancer and psychological abnormalities?  That's scary!  Did you know that many childrens products sold on the market today contain cancer causing chemicals?  Why would anyone want to expose their child to these products and put the childs health at risk?

I wanted to share this sight with everyone because it provides some great information.  http://www.just-green.org/

I am now an avid "green" product consumer and LOVE it!!  The products I use actually clean and disinfect my home better than the store bought brands.  I purchase all my products; cleaning, personal care, vitamins, etc., on line from an amazing "green" company whose been around for 25 years!  Their products are amazing and the value and savings are incredible!  I will NEVER go back to store brand products again!

2 comments:

  1. Very important post! My daughter and I are currently suffering from allergies. I wonder if any of the products I'm using are affecting either one of us. Going to check out the site you suggested soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed the post. I feel it is so important to learn about the harmful health affects everyday products can have on your health. I hope the link helps! You might also want to check out http://www.ahealthcafe4u.info for additional tips and information!

    ReplyDelete