Thursday, January 28, 2010

"Now I lay me down to sleep......"

.....I wish!  It's only10:40pm and I feel completely and utterly exhausted, like I haven't slept in days!  The pounding headache and throbbing eyes are making it almost impossible to post this blog!  Hmmm....so...why don't I just go to bed, you ask?  Well...this is what I like to call "me" time.  Something I only get when all my kids are fast asleep, including the dog, and my husband is off to bed!  I will force myself to stay up just so I can enjoy being "alone" with my thoughts, or surfing the net, or watching really bad reality t.v.!  Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE my kids and my husband to pieces, but it's nice to have time just for me, too.  Tomorrow, however, I will pay for it...as I am NOT a morning person, in the least.  I confess that I HATE getting up in the morning, being spoken to, looked at, gestured towards, anything...LOL!  It's awful I know, but seriously...it will set the tone for the whole day if I'm bothered first thing in the morning...and just to clarify, I need a good 2 hours to wake up...haha!  My poor husband and kids...it's amazing that they put up with it and accept it...then again, they don't have a choice!  I do try really, REALLY hard to put on a happy face in the morning for my kids, though...they are just so sweet and I just want to smother them all with kisses and hugs and thankfully they still let me!  Three boys letting their mom smother them with hugs and kisses...gotta love that!  Well...off to take a little "me" time before heading off to count sheep!  Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment